Digital Media

Hi,everybody,I am new to this digital "thing",so I will try to post my thoughts and understanding of Digital Media on my blog,like i said i am a "new born" so I will need all the help I can get,please leave commons, links and other useful resource that you think may be useful for me,THANKS!

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Thoughts behind a wallpaper



Recently I found an computer wallpaper from my favorite game: call of duty, modern warfare 2.It is funny, it has been in my hard drive for a long time, I never look at it twice, but now when I look at it again, I found significant meaning behind its types, colours and other factors. I guess attend visual communication class it’s not a waste time at all, I do learn something.
First of all, background. It is a black, dark blue colour scheme; it makes the whole image very dark, intense, heavy and chilling just like war itself. These days countries all over the world are facing a common enemy; terrorism. How do you fight with this invisible enemy, which is uses of your elite forces to track down and hunt down terrorists before they can act. This needs element of surprise. So you have elite force soldiers sliding down from helicopters in the dark at night to catch bad guys become a symbol against terrorism. So the black background represents dark night, represents a new tactic.

Now let us look at the Soldier. He has his face covered with a ghost mask, by not showing the face, it takes the human element out the equation, it creates fear, and it creates aggressiveness. Unofficially there is a common rule among elite forces around the world, that is kill on site unless you need intelligence. So you have this killing machine, no mercy at all. That is the message you want to send to your enemy.

I love the types in this wallpaper. You have these radio waves warps around all types; it is looks like you are sending a message. It is represents communication. In present days we have satellite network in the sky; date links allow us to share information and so much more.A single solider can communicate and share info with everybody on the network, you can see what they see, you can hear what they hear, when I say everybody, I mean everybody, your command centre, helicopter, fighter jet, tanks, the whole war machine. Today communication has become the most important parts of the war. How to connect the whole network together, from a single solider to your satellite in the space has become a state of the art technology which all the country wants to chive.
.
Over all this is very well designed piece of graphic, there are meanings behind all the elements, there are troughs behind each part of the graphic which repents the essence of graphic design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment