Digital Media

Hi,everybody,I am new to this digital "thing",so I will try to post my thoughts and understanding of Digital Media on my blog,like i said i am a "new born" so I will need all the help I can get,please leave commons, links and other useful resource that you think may be useful for me,THANKS!

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Digital Age And ME


    Few days ago we got our first assignment as MSC students and also bunch questions such as"why did you choose Digital Media?","what do you know about Digital Media?",also discussion about social networking site like Facebook, twitter,blog etc.
    Now,I am going  to completely honest with you,I am not a tech minded type guy.When people use iPhone, iPad,blackberry and other fancy staff I just don't get it,600 Euro for a iPhone,forget about it,I will never spend that kind money on a "phone".It doesn't matter how wonderful it is or how much staff you can do on it,it is still a phone.
    Lots of my friends keep telling me that I should catch up with modern technology and explore the Digital Age,so I said to myself"why not?"
    First things I did was to set up my Facebook page and load up some photos.In the first few weeks it was great,exciting but after a while problems start to appear.It is just too much information to track"somebody wants to be friend,somebody's birthday is coming up,somebody meet a guy or has a boyfriend,somebody is on holiday".If I don't get on Facebook for a while,ignore all the messages, my friend will call me and say something like"Why don't you confirm my friend request,we are not friend anymore?"or" You don't care about you friend anymore,then why you haven't common on me being with a new boyfriend."Every time I have to apologize to them and telling them that I have been busy,haven't got chance to use Facebook but as soon as get chance I will fix everything straight way.
    OK,last thing I want to do is spent two hours on Facebook everyday after work just to know who is in love who is not, who is in a relationship with who.Tell you what,I don't want know,I have enough problem of own,why can we give each other a little bit privacy.
    I am a traditional type of guy,if i want to see my friends,i will set up a dinner party or go down to the locals to have few drinks, talk to each other face to face,hugs,kisses.It is so warm and human.But these days because Facebook,twitter people just seem getting lazy and distance everyday.Don't get me wrong it is good people communicate with each other via messages,photos,social network but sometimes it just lacks scene of touch and felling.If this is the future then I don't want to be part it.
    Even though I sound like a bitter cynical man,but i have to admit it whether like it or not I've already in the middle of digital age knowingly or unknowingly and have been benefit from it.
    Everyday when I get home from work instead of switch on TV I switch on my PC.Through internet I can access vase information such as TV show,music,movie, current event and much more.Even better I can video chart with my family and friends in my hometown where is thousands miles away.How good is that!Specially
I am a lazy guy,I never write to my mom or anybody.I really should  thank who ever invented internet(oops!That was covered in the class,I should know),oh,man you saved my ass.
    Cynical or not,digital age and world are round us,whether like it or hate it we still have to embrace it,get to know it,learn how to use it,if not,one day we will left behind,we will become orphans of a new age.

No comments:

Post a Comment