Digital Media

Hi,everybody,I am new to this digital "thing",so I will try to post my thoughts and understanding of Digital Media on my blog,like i said i am a "new born" so I will need all the help I can get,please leave commons, links and other useful resource that you think may be useful for me,THANKS!

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Reasons Behind This Course


The reason I chose GCD is quite simple. I used to be a interior architecture student here, even though this is not the best organized college in the world, I can’t speak for everyone but personally I had very good experience in here, in terms of tutors and some of the design work I’ve done.
Also there is another story behind this whole motivation of getting a master degree.
I had a discussion with my mum two month ago about plans for the future, she suggested that I get a master degree and come home, as a mummy’s boy such like myself, I didn’t even put up much fight before I gave in. There is no significant meaning so far.
Why did I choose Digital Media? That is a good question. That is a question I never ask myself. There is not much similarity between Design and Digital media except few soft wares. Few weeks ago I don’t even know what digital media is all about, but after one and half week, I have a new understanding of digital media, and it is the right course for me.
We are living in a digital age, a new era. Nothing is ever the same as fifteen twenty years ago.
Mp3 player can allow us store thousands of songs but only size of a pen, we can use digital camera to capture thousands of image and make our own video without cost a fortune. You can share photos with your friends on facebook, video chart on line with you family, or some girl who you claim to be you girlfriend, catch up the latest movie and current events on your couch on your convenience. These are only few things that we benefit from the digital age, there is so much more.
Love it or hate it, we are in the middle of this new era, we just have to embrace it, get to know it, learn how to master it before it abandons us.
That is why I think it is the right course for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment